Bemused (A Reflection)
There are tons of things I take for granted.
How often have I taken the time to get up early enough to appreciate the beautiful sunrise.
I don't realize the fact that, as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, a new chance is given to me. A new day starts.
When I walk down each familiar street, I fail to notice the people that surrounds me.
I barely look up and say hi, or nod a hello, or even smile.
I go about my business like I'm running out of time.
I continue my pace like there's a deadline that I have to make - one that if I miss I'll never have the chance to meet again.
When was the last time I took the time to smell the flowers?
I don't remember.
I used to notice how vibrant they looked.
How pleasant they smell.
How they brighten the room and how they lift up my spirit.
I can't quite recall.
When was the last time I told my friends I loved them.
How much they mean to me.
That I am lost without them.
That they all contribute to completing me.
I don't know how many beautiful sunsets I've missed.
I can't even remember when the last time I was amazed by the stars adorning the vast, dark sky.
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed living.
I've been too preoccupied with vain, insignificant, things that I've forgotten how to live.
I've been too busy being hurt - being bitter - that i forgot what matters most.
I've been too absorbed with myself.
posted by
G. | 5/08/2004 01:43:00 PM --